Tuesday, July 19, 2011

WOO HOO!

I finally broke through the pile-up on 20 meters to work Z4S Special Event station for the last launch of a Space Shuttle! I've been hunting that darn station for nine days. I could never break through the pile-up until just a few minutes ago. Heh! I'm Stoked.

Yesterday, some Mexican Hams, who apparently use the 14.280 frequency for a regular net and they consider it their frequency. So they told K4S to leave the frequency and when they didn't blasted right over them with powerful amplifiers. According to international law, no one owns a frequency and deliberately interferring with a lawful station's transmission is against the rules. Not that anybody will do anything about it. I can only say that my opinion of those hams is very, very low.

Besides working Z4S, I also copied some code practice from W1AW. I started to struggle during the 13wpm, especially when the QSB took out the signal. Still, I got my practice in for today. May do some more this evening, not sure what the wife has planned for me to do tonight.

73
All

No comments:

Post a Comment