Saturday, July 16, 2011

Go Figure

I tried for better part of an hour I tried to make Contact with Z4S, but I couldn't break the pile up. Just a bit ago, I broke through to Belgium and contacted ON7USB. I did it on the first try! Wow, this radio stuff is crazy.

Belgium is not a new DX for me, I've worked it once before. I counted up all my DX and I've got a total of 27 countries and the South Pole. I don't plan on applying for the DXCC award, but I do want to make the 100 contacts. I don't QSL, so I don't have the paperwork to complete a DXCC application anyway. Somebody once told me that if I don't have the paperwork it doesn't count. Well, it counts to me and I have no interest in trying to impress others. The people who know me know that I don't lie.

Now, I don't begrudge anyone who does collect such awards. Everyone has their thing, and I'm not one to put it down, whatever it might be.

I also had a nice QSO with KV4BG for about twenty minutes on 40 Minutes before the band dropped out and all I could hear was the mud. I hate that. I really enjoy a good ragchew and Ira seemed a nice person to talk to, really. I hope I work him again.

73

No comments:

Post a Comment