Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16th

I just spent 45 minutes trying to break the pile-up on 14.280 for the K4S Special Event Station commemerating the final launch in the Space Shuttle program. i was unsuccessful. With my antenna being substandard and my puny hundred watts, I'm not going to beat the guys with beam antennas and 1000 watt amplifies. I will try again later, maybe tomorrow.

I've been working on my CW mostly. I made two QSOs in the last couple of days. W9ZN, Bill in Chicago, Il and W9OAW, Gabe in Ashland, WI. I shouldn't say it, but my code reading abilities, being what they are, thought Gabe was sending Assland, WI. My Bad :oP

After Mass tonight, I hope to get over and get some of my poles stored behind my brother's garage. I'm going to try and get a better/taller mast up and hook up my Alpha Delta LB Plus dipole. Maybe that will improve my signal. Based on the reports I'm hearing, my current set up is costing me at least 2 Db on recieve and maybe more on transmit. This must be rectified!

73 All

No comments:

Post a Comment