Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Hygain 20m Antenna

I am selling an 20m beam antenna and I'm posting the pictures here for convenience sake. The electrical element will have to be fixed or replaced. These pictures show the condition of the mechanical parts.

The elements, eight total (4 on each side) longest is about 17ft 8"


A close up of one of the pipe clamps showing oxidation and staining.


The element

A close up of where the elements attach to the boom. Obviously, some of the hardware is missing and will have to be replaced.


It's hard to read, but it says Hy-Gain


The three parts to the boom. Obviously the long boom can be taken apart, but as it stands, long boom 14ft 8in and the two smaller pieces are 6ft 8in


The clamp showing some damage.

Well, that's about it. Obviously, I'm selling this to someone who has the knowledge to refurbish this antenna. The drive element did not work when I bought it, and I don't know what it takes to fix it. Some of the hardware will need replaced, and the metal could probably stand a good bit of buffing to get rid of some the staining and oxidations. My asking price is $50

No comments:

Post a Comment